Sunday, July 24, 2011

Living Intentionally For Excellence!

Today I was musing over the definition of wealth. I get to spend a great deal of time in the company of some very wealthy individuals, it's one of the blessings my life's path has opened for me. I've found that the particular crowd I associate with are a bit outside what I would have considered normal. They do extraordinary thinks in life, and I think that's the key to acquiring wealth. Now most of you are probably thinking I'm talking about someone with massive amounts of income, and I am somewhat, but the true definition of wealth isn't about money. The common thread all these individuals share is their spiritual wealth, the rest it seems, resulted from getting that part right. Even if the money didn't follow the spiritual lifestyle, they were still wealthy!

A great example of this is someone who gives themselves wholeheartedly to the Lord, like a nun or a monk. They live by the most meager of means, they've given all earthly possessions to the Lord in return for eternal wealth. Like I've been told by my mentor, "you can discipline yourself, or you can have others do it for you." I've found self discipline to be more pleasing, no one likes to be told what to do or how to do it.

So back to the economically blessed. They didn't get to being in the top 1% income bracket by conventional means, these people live by a code of ethics and as close to flawless character as I've seen here in this lifetime. I'm here to tell you nobody's perfect, we are all born sinners, but as a rule they walk a very tight line. Hence the best of individuals gravitate toward them, and want to do business with them. Success leaves clues. They also live by the code I first heard from Dallin Larsen, founder of Mona Vie. "If your blessed, be a blessing." Unlike the silver spoon crowd, or the abundantly wealthy in Hollywood, they feel no guilt for the blessings God has bestowed upon them, because they give back. They are charitable to an excess and do it without expecting news clippings or awards. It's humble, behind the scene, charitable works that they expect no recognition nor praise for.

It's a fantastic example they set, and the exact reason the money follows. So personally, I do the best to walk in those footsteps and here's the best part; if the money never follows, I'll still be wealthy in spirit!

Come join us as we launch, "Living Intentionally For Excellence," or life for short. Where the only product is a better you!

God Bless
Capt. Bill

Community
Mentoring
Leadership

1 comment: