Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolution Solution!

The dawn of the new year is upon us. Come tomorrow morning we'll be held accountable for the resolutions made for the improvement of our lives. Some will promise to shed a few pounds, some will seek to be more responsible financially, some will try to mend relationships in their lives. Sound familiar? It is! The three train wrecks, (Thanks Chris), you can sum up the major challenges in people's lives with that phrase. The core issues of a happy life are being healthy, (losing weight etc), wealthy (having financial discipline), and wise,(the wisdom to maintain relationships). Examine all the hurdles and challenges in your life and very few fall outside of these parameters.

Every year at this time I self reflect and examine whether I'm better off now than I was last year. If I find I'm not then it's time to ask; Why? I'm not in the habit to turning for others for their opinions on my shortcomings, while this maybe a flaw, I know the truth. The simple secret is to quit trying to deceive myself and face reality. If I don't know the answer then I look to my mentor, the Bible, and read some information from authors who have the fruit on the tree in the subject I seek information about. Since the only one who can improve me, is in fact me, then it's my responsibility to seek the information then apply it with the discipline necessary to accomplish the improvement. I hold myself accountable! Novel idea, no?

If we want to change the world we have to start with ourselves. Trust me it's infectious. The good you do for yourself will spread to others. It's also a great defense mechanism! Seldom will someone try to seek to take advantage of a sharp, put together individual, there are so many easier targets! Reflect that power and confidence and come New Years Eve next year the list of improvements you wan to see will be a whole lot smaller.

God Bless!
Happy New Year!
Capt. Bill

1 comment:

  1. “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

    Thank you for your time.
    .............................I MAN

    ReplyDelete