Thursday, January 13, 2011

Weird Science!

As I was walking the dog this early morning I couldn't help but notice it was unusually cold outside. My slight discomfort was accompanied by grumbling about the global warming farce, and kind of chuckling to myself after a report from a couple of friends that Florida was the only place in the continental United States without snow. As my emotions ran from, "man it's stinking cold," to, "at least it isn't snowing," I got all Al Gore like and contemplated the cause. It seems I remembered a report that the FAA had to adjust runway headings because true north had shifted. So I googled it and sure enough there were the facts!

According to The Tampa Tribune, the culprit is the magnetic north pole, which is moving nearly 40 miles a year toward Russia because of magnetic changes in the core of the planet.

Now I'm a simple man, so I don't deal with complicated explanations well, but if this is indeed true, I believe that the earth's axis has shifted, or more simply put the earth's rotation has tilted ever so slightly. Now in my mind that would put some areas of the earth closer to the sun,(making them warmer), and other parts farther away, (making them colder), and thereby creating unseasonal "climate change."

In what is known as true polar wander, the solid Earth can rotate with respect to a fixed spin axis. Research shows that during the last 200 million years a total true polar wander of some 30° has occurred. -Wikipedia

Now you see I've done the research and debunked this man made climate change hooey. Unless of course we have overpopulated China and the extra weight has cause the earth to wobble off center. But we can clearly see the cold weather or the floods in Australia have little or nothing to do with carbon dioxide. Or does it? You decide!

God Bless!
Capt. Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment