Friday, October 9, 2009

Enough!

I was sitting here today absolutely perplexed, I mean totally in a quandary. I see things going on in Washington that completely baffle me. The lying, deceit, and inappropriate behavior would not be acceptable in any other venue. Why do we allow it there? I mean I wouldn't let my children get away with what's accepted as normal behavior there. I swear I'd grab then by the ear and march them to a local law enforcement officer first. What has America and the voter settled for?

There are back room deals, amendments snuck into legislation, hidden tax increases, and representatives that are flat out breaking the law. These are the people we've elected to represent us? I've never worked at a place where any of this was accepted, let alone from people sent to lead us. What kind of message does this send to the world and our nation? Come on people...Are we really putting our best foot forward here?

That's right, we are responsible. People treat us in the manner we permit. Same applies for that clown show in Washington.It's way past time for us to rise up and speak up. Our silence to them is seen as acceptance. Not voicing our concerns grants them permission for bad behavior. They are like small children who toe the line to see what they can get away with. It's time to pack their bags and send them to the orphanage.

Stay informed, demand accountability, question boldly, and speak out. Use the power of the pen and the voice. Write your elected officials and tell them what you think. Give them a performance review, after all you're the employer. When it comes time to select a candidate, don't settle for the lesser of two evils. Expect and insist on quality, they represent you and your best interests!

Does anyone feel like their best interests are being served currently?

God Bless
Capt. Bill

3 comments:

  1. I agree. I have trouble with our choices. Why is it that quality candidates are not on the ballot? I understand, but certainly do not condone how a quality candidate gets courted to the dark side. Where are the candidates with integrity? Why do we allow anyone to stay in Washington so long? I guess it is cheaper as fewer individuals are drawing pensions at our expense but, what have we gained and lossed by doing so? Why do we so often take the cheaper or path of least resistance? Corrupt polititians and business men are sad examples for everyone. If they can do it why can't I? More importantly, why would I want to? It is a choice and it demonstrates just how much integrity someone has when you can stand up and toe that line while those around you are cutting corners. (to be polite) Why don't you run? Ok, maybe your past is a little shaded but you clearly have that in your past. A folly of youth. It would be refreshing to see a candidate that is past all that and ready to really serve the people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What we need to do is demand RESPECT!"

    The people we have elected don't have RESPECT for US" that's why they do what they do.

    Think about it, think of someone you don't RESPECT and how you treat them and look down on them we see them as less then us WE DON"T CARE ABOUT THEM.

    THAT IS HOW WE ARE BEING TREATED" BY THE PEOPLE WHO REPRESENT US, WHO WE HAVE ELECTED, WITH NO (( RESPECT!" )) and you know what THEY DON'T CARE!" about us".

    NOW!" it's time to demand RESPECT (( 202) 224-3121 ))

    Thank you for your time.
    ................................I MAN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace another word for coward/scared in my book.

    ReplyDelete