Sunday, January 1, 2012

In All Things...Love!

The dawn of the New Year, and with it brings a throng of resolutions. Not to be outdone I too was searching for something meaningful to pursue in 2012 to enhance my personal development quest. There are soooo many areas in which I could improve, it was really difficult to narrow it down to just one that would be most effective. Then a combination of events led me to a revelation! There was a great sermon at mass today about a mother's love, and as I was dwelling upon it after mass a preacher on the radio was blistering his congregation about how to live with Christ. I couldn't help but think how much larger an audience that man could impact if he'd just preach in love, rather than demand compliance. BINGO! There it was, where I needed to improve. My resolution is to deal with all things in love.

Funny thing, I'm surrounded by people who do this routinely everyday. I've also always been amazed by Dr. Alvita King's ability to do just exactly that as well, yet it never dawned upon me to do it myself. On the way home I was mulling over how all the different people I know treat people in love and how that was lacking in my life. Now I'm on a mission, cut the sarcasm and love people where they are at. Be the example, like I was admonishing that preacher for not doing. Even when it hurts, or they are trying to hurt you, deal with them in love. God knows it's going to hurt, God also knows it's going to be trying, but Jesus was the example. He always responded to hate and anger with love.It's a simple formula...What would Jesus do? WWJD. Now time to set that idea into practice!

Happy New Year!
God Bless!
Capt. Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment