Monday, December 12, 2011

You Weren't Made to Idle!

If you love life, then don't squander your time here on earth, because time is the stuff life is made of.

It's interesting as you age how the value of time increases. It's not uncommon to watch our youth sleep away their days and be totally content, where I can't even fathom that as possible now. Yet so many times as an immature adult I traded my liberty for laziness as I chose to be unproductive rather than seek my purpose. I couldn't conquer the mind over mattress principle, but all that was required of me was to pick up a book and that time could have been better spent. I was free to do as I please with my idle time, and I choose to treat it as "spare time." Is there any such thing as "spare time?" Isn't it a little arrogant to assume we have "spare time" while here on earth? Oh, to have that wasted time back!

Now it seems most people my age are trying to amass wealth so they can buy back their time. A true test of liberty is to be free to spend your time as you choose, not pursuing an income to survive. I know I'd rather be working on figuring out what my purpose here on earth is and contributing my "spare time" to income earning! It's funny now that when I was young and granted the freedom of "spare time,' it was wasted as idle time, or better defined, mattress time.

Life has a wealth of distractions, a great deal of our economy is dedicated to providing those for us. Some lead us closer to our purpose, most don't. It's a path to achievement to live your life with specific intent. Find your purpose and dedicate your "spare time" to it until it can become your life's work. This defines the difference between those merely taking up space, and those living a life of excellence by pursuing a passion.

Happy Monday!

God Bless!
Capt. Bill

1 comment:

  1. Life is all about the ups and downs it can not be stable. or what my believe is if this ups and down ends. then we will not like it at all.
    Online Beds and Mattresses shop

    ReplyDelete