Sunday, June 12, 2011

It's Not About Me!

Orrin and I were having a conversation the other day, he was relaying the importance of removing "self" from the equation when dealing with people. His qualifier was that most of the relationship problems can be solved if people would take a moment and subtract self from the issue. Self encompasses many, many things; ego, selfishness, pride, hurt feelings, the list goes on. The more I digest his words, the more truth he has spoken into my life. When we put our Maker as the first priority, it all falls into perspective. Self should be way down the list, if not last. God designed us with the intention that we make a difference in our world, it just makes sense to lead with Him as the main concern. After all, He gave us a set of guidelines to live by, and the answers we seek lie within the owners manual,(Bible).If we attack our relationships in a Biblical manner, and use the tools given to us by the scriptures, self is immediately removed from the process.

So I'm going to strive to take myself out of the process. It's not about how I feel, nor how anything someone did affected me. It's about dealing with others as if I didn't exist. What was their thought process? How can they be guided to the truth? Those are the issues that take priority. I'm inviting you to join me on this journey, there is strength in numbers, and we can all use someone to lean on.

God Bless!
Capt. Bill

MLM Scams
Leadership
Mentoring

No comments:

Post a Comment