Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Can See Clearly Now!

I have to clear something up that I feel is being overlooked or misrepresented. It just irks me to listen to this, and I have to every time our current President gives a speech. We are consummately reminded, in an effort to dismiss this administration's bad behavior, the Obama's reign began with a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit. He's very quick to point out the Bush administration left him a mess, or did they?

Let's break down that 1.3 trillion dollar deficit. Almost 800 billion was used for tarp money. Money given to financial institutions to "rescue" them from failure. I'd like to take a moment here and remind the Obama administration that the bulk of that loan has been repaid. So effectively that portion of the debt should be erased from the books. Leaving an actual Bush deficit to be approximately 800 billion dollars, still unacceptable, but hardly the 1.3 trillion we are led to believe exists today, and a far cry from the insane amount he's about to go in the hole for.

You see the reason they still apply that money to the Bush debt is, the repayment hasn't been used to eliminate the debt it created. Obama is re-spending the money on other programs. So who is the financial bad guy now? Look, I'm no fan of the Bush administration, but let's put the blame where it belongs. Enough is enough!

Let me pose a question to you! If you were in a relationship and your significant other constantly misled you like Washington is doing, how long would that relationship exist? Personally I can't stand a liar, or a thief for that matter. I've listened to the excuse the past administration left us a mess for the last time, it's simply the reasoning to justify their questionable actions. I liken it to saying; " I had a cockroach problem so my only alternative was to burn the house down."

One would think the media would pick up on this and alert the public. I don't think we're getting,"All the news that's fit to print." Nor can they lay claim to, "America's most trusted source for news," any longer.

God Bless
Capt. Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment