Saturday, April 30, 2011

You Reap What You Sow!

As life goes on, changes come. New dawns bring opportunity, and the sun sets on phases that's time has come and gone. We eagerly await the new challenges, and sentimentally look back on the fading past.

Today I make a final voyage, close a page on a five year venture. It's time to bring my baby back from college, degree in hand. As that page closes, another one will open, and I have to say I'm excited to see what lies ahead. Junior leaves college with his mark imbedded in time. He left his name on their record books for all to see, and future athletes to aspire to, but now it's time for him to leave his mark on society. Most would ask if that learning institution has filled him with the knowledge he needs to compete in today's society, I do not. While I relied on that institution to teach him some life lessons, I refused to allow it to mold his character. That was developed through principles taught outside the system, in the home. Armed with that ability, life won't be such a challenge, because his preparation began from birth. That my friends is what's lacking in child rearing today.

Your child, grandchild, niece or nephew is your message to people you'll never meet. What does that message say? Your actions have a direct impact upon the completed project, make your statement to the world one of character and integrity, they will continue to live the principles you inspire in them.

God Bless!
Capt. Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment