Saturday, October 2, 2010

They're Watching You!

"Everyone is called to leadership."-Orrin Woodward

Now some might disagree with that, so let's define leadership. Leadership is influence. Good leadership is a positive influence. Ergo, if your a grandmother bouncing her pride and joy on her knee, or a political powerhouse, your all influencing people!

You may have the quietest affect on someone, young or old, and not even realize it. I remember Jan Newton's story of her granddaughter playing office and mimicking her every move. Even a child under five is influenced by the daily activities that surround them. Who among us hasn't had the moment when they realize they've just repeated something their mother or father did religiously? "Oh my gosh, I've become my mother!" - (or father, grandmother, grandfather), Sound familiar?

That realization alone has caused me to be more purposeful in my behavior. If someone is going to ape my actions, I'd like it to be a positive memory! Even at the smallest level, leadership is a constant in our lives. It might be a better world if everyone would understand that responsibility, study it, and respect the implications their influence has. Would it be a wonderful world if the power of leadership was respected for the power it holds?

God Bless!
Capt. Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment