Thursday, March 11, 2010

Reflections!

Every once in awhile it's a good idea to sit and reflect where you are in life. In fact it's not a bad idea to make it a yearly event, something you put a date on, like a birthday or the start of a new year. Tomorrow's not guaranteed for anyone, so it's important to self reflect and see if you've accomplished everything you want in your journey, and where the holes exist, waiting for you to fill.

I like to break that little self analysis down into priorities. Starting with faith, then moving to family, relationships, and finally work. It might be your list has a different order, but that's okay! As long as we know where we are in the journey, we can see what's left to do. I don't plan on leaving this earth until my work is done, so should my time abruptly end, I'd like to know I've got my relationships etc, in order so there are no regrets.

We get busy dealing with life, and it's easy to let things, important things, go unsaid. The kids need to know what an incredible miracle they've been in your life. Your spouse needs to understand that your union is a bond that makes two as one. Your parents need to be thanked for the gift of life and guidance they've given you. And your friends need to know the value you place on their love. Have you held the ones you love lately? Does everyone that's of value in your life know what a blessing they are?

Garth Brooks sang, "Should tomorrow never come, will she know how much I love her?" I like to say, will they know how much I love them, then insure they do. No better gift has a man or woman than the gift of love. Be a giver!

God Bless
Capt, Bill

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your time for tomorrow is a promise only GOD can make.

    Don't leave for tomorrow what you can do today so you can do it again tomorrow.

    To days pain is tomorrows pleasure.



    Thank you for you time.

    ............................I MAN

    ReplyDelete