Saturday, March 20, 2010

And Justice for All!

Well, President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and the likes of the progressive movement are seeking to create history this weekend by passing the healthcare legislation. I'm thinking they are going to create history also, but not for the same reasons. Follow me on this little journey of logic......

Thirty eight states have proposed or passed legislation to exclude them from this debacle. The are claiming that this federal intrusion is a violation of state's rights as granted by the Constitution. Also granted in the Constitution is the power for the states to adopt or remove legislation if 2/3's of them agree to do so, nullifying both the Congress and the President. This will be a historical moment if the states ban together to exercise this power. The possibility is highly likely!

Author, talk show host and constitutional scholar, Mark Levin is drafting a law suit to be filed upon the passing of this legislation deeming it unconstitutional as well. Not only is the process the federal powers used improper, but it forces the American people to purchase a good or service,( health insurance), again not a power granted to the government in the constitution.

I'm also under the impression that the republican part will file suit to overthrow this power grab as they also feel the constitution has been ignored.

Here's my point. The elected officials when sworn in take this oath....

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God

I do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent on me, according to the best of my abilities and understanding, agreeably to the Constitution, and laws of the United States. So help me God.


You'll notice they all require the oath taker to uphold and defend the Constitution of the Untied States. If this legislation or the process used to pass it is deemed by the Supreme Court as unconstitutional, that suggests to me anyone who's name is affixed to that process has violated their oath of office. This is historical folks, they've committed treason. They've conspired against the Constitution of the United States and failed to execute the duties of their office. In the early days of our country, these violators would have been challenged to a duel. I'll settle for impeachment and prosecution. If I remember correctly treason carries a possible death sentence. Perhaps that will nudge those who tread all over the founding principles of our great nation to reconsider the process and substance of proposed legislation.

They'll create history all right!

God Bless
Capt. Bill

3 comments:

  1. "The United States"

    Thank you for your time.
    .........................I MAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post...there's definitely those of us that want "America" back, but there's a lot that want the gov. to take care of them, they just don't understand, maybe some of them don't care, what the gov. taking care of them means. And when all hell breaks loose, it's usually to late to realize they should've paid attention sooner. There are some powers out there already starting to fight against "nationalized healthcare", because it is SO MUCH MORE than healthcare, it should be called, "nationalized control", because that's what it's all about. CONTROL!

    ReplyDelete