Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Purpose!

Enjoying a fruitful life isn't measured by the possessions you've attained but by the people you've influenced. Your possessions won't show up at your funeral to muse about what a blessing it was to have known you! Ergo if leadership is defined as influence, one of the keys to success is learning leadership principles. Personally I find it gratifying if I can reflect at the end of the day about someway I impacted another's life positively. That's a great day! If you can string seven of those together you've had a great month, and twelve of those great months consecutively defines a great year.

The biggest enemy of that is complacency. It never fails to twist my knickers in a knot when someone rational-lies to themselves mediocrity. Their battle cry resembles the phrase,"I'm doing pretty good." or "I've got everything I need." We need to serve a higher purpose, it's why were here.

So my proposal to you today is let's make excuses an orphan. How about we adopt a policy of purpose. Go influence everyone we can in a positive manner today, and watch how well we sleep tonight!

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. I agree when you help other get to the top with you, or just give of your self, you will always be remembered.
    When you step on other to get to the top you will soon be forgotten.
    The most valuable thing to you can leave is a Legacy..
    Thank you for your time.
    .........................I MAN

    ReplyDelete