Saturday, July 4, 2009

All We Need is a Little Patience

Happy 4th of July! Today is a time to gather with family and friends to remember our independence. Parades, barbecues, and fireworks will be the bill of fare today, punctuated with interaction. Isn't it funny how there is always at least one at the party who invited thru marriage or peer pressure tests your patience and sanity? Just add alcohol and you have an instant application for sainthood, with you being the nominee.

I find humor is the best way to conquer these awkward situations. I've also been told (and like to think) a quick wit is a sign of genius!

Therapeutic Benefits of Laughter!
1. It has no negative side effects
2. It's available anywhere without prescription
3. It's free
4. It lowers blood pressure and relieves hypertension (It might be a cure for brother-in -laws)
5. It relaxes muscles
6. It reduces at least 4 hormones related to stress
7. It activates and strengthens the immune system
8. It's an aerobic workout, and increases your body's use of oxygen
9. It can reduce pain for long periods (The length of a bbq?)

When all else fails the words of Mark Twain may come in useful..."I can live for two months on one good compliment."

I'll close with this message from Lou Holtz, legendary college football coach and motivational speaker...

"To every person who has faced adversity, whether in their personal, business, or social life, and responded positively to it. I admire the person who says, Everyday someone does something great, today that someone will be me!"

God Bless and Happy 4th of July!
Capt. Bill

1 comment:

  1. Ah! laughter, yes laughter, that's good for me?.
    Let me see you had Loral & Hardy, Lewis & Martin, Abbott & Costello, Rowan & Martin, Barnes & Allen, Cheech& Chong I laugh my ass off when these guys spoke,
    Ah! laughter, today we have 2 more comedies called obama & biden there very funny but I laugh and cry when I hear ether of these 2 comics speak.

    Thank you for your time.
    ....................................I MAN

    ReplyDelete