Monday, July 6, 2009

Media Madness

This just in!!!!

Michael Jackson is still dead!!!

And in a follow up story....

Alaska's governor Sarah Palin has left her position.

I don't know about you but I've had my fill of Michael Jackson's untimely demise. I can't help but wonder what important legislation was pushed through Washington while every move in California was endlessly reported. It rivaled the Anna Nicole Smith debacle. I found myself wondering what news catastrophe knocked her out of the main stream media. Is it wrong to hope for something else to distract them?

Now to the Sarah Palin issue. Pundits speculated all weekend long about the whys of her decision. Rivaling Michael's air time everyone from the former presidential candidates to Alaska's janitor offered their opinion. Critics were quick to point out she quit her responsibilities, and that reminded me of a piece I'd recently heard from Napoleon Hill. He pointed out negative opinions were bias based. So how could they be objective? Would those same critics be so quick to judge if the reason was health or family based issue? Ms. Palin has a special needs child. Is her time best spent at home for his care or in a lame duck administration? I don't believe it's for me to judge, we all face that in the end.

Two of the wealthiest men in the world quit college because they realized their potential was better served doing something else. Michael Dell and Bill Gates felt their best interests were not listening to professors with no real life experience, touting theory from books, but freed from restraints that smothered their creativity. Was it selfish? You decide if the contributions they made to the world were worth putting on hold completing a commitment that they felt left them handcuffed. I'm sure they had their critics as well!

The Palin story is no where near complete. The only facts are her critics feel threatened by her conservative family values, her strong faith, and her popularity. That agenda threatens everything they stand for. Don't you find that also threatens her critics credibility? Like Dell and Gates, Palin's contribution will speak for her actions, or maybe she's just taking care of a family who needs her.

God Bless
Capt. Bill

1 comment:

  1. What!!!!! Michel Jackson is what!!!! anybody out there seem ELVIS.
    Sarah Palin,
    In the words of the most ethical man I seen the great Gomer Pyle surprise, surprise, surprise.
    Thank you for your time.
    ..........................I MAN

    ReplyDelete