Thursday, July 8, 2010

It Seems Obvious To Me!

I've been silent on the Arizona border/illegal immigrant situation long enough. I've patiently allowed both sides to lay out their arguments, state their case, and try to come to a conclusion. It's time for common sense to take hold.

First, it's a flat out lie that we cannot secure our borders. History has shown us other countries have done it in the past, so if it's been accomplished before by others, then we can surely do it again. For an example of a watertight border I submit the Berlin wall, history's example of a near perfect border. The simple truth is there is no desire to close the border. Quit lying and making excuses.

Secondly, what to do with those already here illegally. Now this is a complicated issue...NOT! Deport them, period. What part of illegal eludes their mental capacity? Critics say it'll cost a lot of money. Compared to what? The money we spend schooling their children, who don't speak the language? The financial drain on our healthcare system? The police and fire services our budget is stressed with? Or the never ending social programs who's budgets they drain. Realistically it'll be cost effective to return them to their country of origin.

This leads us to the third issue, they provide labor for America that we won't do. Hello....almost 10% unemployment, we need to start doing some of those jobs. Without the "cheap" availability of migrant labor, perhaps they'll pay a decent wage, so Americans won't find it beneath them to do that work. I had to laugh at the example laid out the other day. A farm in Seattle needed pickers to harvest the crop, they advertised the positions @$12/hr., they complained they didn't get any applications and were forced to bring in workers from outside the country. Without the availability of "cheap" labor they might have been forced to advertise the job @ $15/hr and I'm thinking they'd have had plenty of applicants, lowering the unemployment rate, and supplying a tax base for the government. The cost simply flows down hill to the consumers, so do we have a labor problem, or a problem with the price of goods and services? I don't think a fruit that sold @ $2.00 would suffer much being marked up to $2.25 to cover the cost of American labor. For those absolutely unfilled positions, guest worker visas, that are monitored and enforced.

The fourth argument is to deport those already here will break up families. I have this right on the top of my concern list, NOT! When someone else breaks the law and gets caught, does it bother us when they are throw into prison that their family is broken up? Not a lick, they broke the law, as did the illegal immigrants. Actions have consequences. Again they are illegal, just as any other law breaker they run the risk of being caught, and have to face the sentence. Deportation is a walk in the park compared to jail time. I propose we send their family back with them until they receive proper approval and paperwork to enter the United States legally.

While Washington has risen to elite status, America is still a country that relies upon it's working class. We are not elitists, some of us need to pick apples, cut lawns, and collect trash. It teaches work ethic and makes us hunger for a better life. It's the answer to extended unemployment benefits. The drive behind a higher education. The push to become an entrepreneur. If you don't hate where your at, you'll never improve. That which your willing to accept, you'll never change,

Thank you for listening to my daily dose of common sense!

God Bless!
Capt. Bill

PS...I love "legal" immigrants, they made America!

2 comments:

  1. Humm!!
    CAPITAN another hot button subject.
    As I see it I MAN.
    If your an illegal from south of the border then it's ok for you to stay??
    If your from lets say China, Israel, Africa,
    most european country you have a greater chance of being deported.
    Would you call this racism ??
    Then what would you call it.
    Let me get this straight if you ""speak Spanish LIKE ME"" you stay and if you don't ciao ciao bonbino, aka asta la vista baby.
    In my book this is races to the core!
    That is not racism you say then tell me what you call it??
    I know plenty of illegals and they know they did wrong and what the penalty is.
    An illegals knows, so why don't some people in AMERICA I did say AMRICANS I said people.
    I'm a proud AMERICAN born an immigrant unlike the many wild dogs in AMERICA I DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS ME.
    I'm AMERICAN first what about you??
    Being AMERICAN comes from the heart not from your lips.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA AND AMERICANS.

    Thank you for your time.
    ..............................I MAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it very interesting that when border security was handled at the state/local level it was FAR less costly and much more effective!!! The biggest point here that I see, if I am correct that is, The intention of the founders of this great REPUBLIC was for state law to remain superior to federal rule.

    Thank you for the insight Capt! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete