Sunday, November 25, 2012

'Tis the Season!

Today is opening day for the season of giving. I absolutely love this time of year. Right after you sit down and give thanks for all the blessings you've received, you get to pay those blessings forward. We launch this much anticipated season at our church with the erection of a giving tree filled with names of deserving children who, that without outside help, would have a less than eventful Christmas. My little blessing is a 10 year old little girl by the name of Myrlande. I love what they ask for, she would like a pair of size 4 shoes, and a medium shirt. How needy a world does this blessing from God live in that her requests are so simple?


I have the absolute intention of expanding this young lady's horizons. It's my personal mission to see that she can believe that hopes and dreams can come true, and there are people out there who will help her see a brighter future. In fact, I left church and went directly to the store to do some dream building for her. I'm afraid it's been quite sometime since I've been aware of what a 10 year old young lady yearns for, but I'm going to seek counsel on that so my horizons are broadened too. It's a win/win! It ignites the inner child inside of me.

Maybe a pretty new dress and matching shoes to wear to church Christmas morning, some sneakers to wear outside, and a slew of shirts and jeans. Christmas wouldn't be complete without some sort of toy to play with, and I'm thinking a couple of good books to expand that medium size horizon. It would probably be a welcome gift to provide her with her own personal Rosary and Bible, so she can give faith a chance, and understand where her blessings come from.

There is plenty of research to do so that size 4 heart is properly set aglow with the joy of Christmas. The best part is I get to choose another young soul on Thursday evening whose needs won't be fulfilled without some outside intervention. I can't wait to see what this one will ask for! I'm a little worried that having this much fun might taken over by the government and have bag limits imposed on it. But until then, please join me in making other's wishes come true!

God Bless!
Capt. Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment