Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ya Gotta Have Faith!

I ran across this in the Bible the other day, I thought it might bear repeating as a reminder.....

I was ready to be sought by those who did not ask for me.
I said , "Here I am, here am I,"
To a nation that did not call on my name.
I spread out my hands all the day to a rebellious people,
who walk in a way that is not good,
following their own devices;
-Isaiah 65:1 - 2

I don't know how one could improve on that, but it serves as a great reminder our nation was founded in faith. Our mission statement was, and I hope still is, freedom of religion. A nation founded in morals, character, and integrity. We've perverted those values to freedom of non-religion, bending to pressure because we lost our conviction.

Our forefathers based their revolution on the God given right to worship their maker, a conviction they were willing to die for. How many of us can say they hold their faith so dear to them, that they would put their life on the line for it? When that passion is lost, so to the original mission statement of our beginnings here in America. Faith has become to many, a vehicle of convince, rather than the passion of commitment. That's why we've permitted the absence of Christ in Christmas, the lack of prayer in school, and the decay of morals in politics.

Which brought to mind a question or two. What exactly does an Atheist or an Agnostic commit to? What is the purpose that would give them the conviction to die for?

God Bless!
Capt. Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment