Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Come Out, Come out, Where Ever You Are!!!!

I just returned from my morning walk with my dog, and I couldn't help but admire nature's beauty as the frost reflected off the roof tops in sunny South Florida. Just like those up north, we are also experiencing unusual weather, well unusual if your a global warming enthusiast. I find it ironic that Al Gore seems to go into hibernation during this time of year. It's almost deafening, the silence that booms from the climate prophets as world wide winter weather affects us all. The only peeps we hear are occasional articles from the brave supporters at The New York Times, reminding us of the absurd notion that this current weather phenomenon is still the result of global warming. I find it amusing they even attempt this rhetoric, really, who are they trying to convince?

As this thought was amusing me, I remembered my last few readings as I wandered through the Bible. It seems even back then they had people like Al Gore and company. They were exposed in the writings of Jeremiah as false prophets. They predicted the future falsely and ensured everyone who would listen it was out of the mouth of God. Well you could imagine this caused some strife to those who were truly blessed to preach the actual truth, but Jeremiah did point out there was one factor false prophets all held in common. Let me quote...

The Lord make you like Zedekiah and A'hab, whom the king of Babylon roasted in the fire, because they have committed folly in Israel, they have committed adultery with their neighbor's wives, and have spoken in my name lying words which I did not command them. I am the one who knows,and I am witness, says the Lord. -Jeremiah 29:22-23

I don't know about you but that adultery thing kind of stands out when I think of a certain global warming prophet. It's kind of an "Inconvenient Truth" if you follow my drift. If I were a left wing, tree hugging, climate change false prophet, I'd probably try to keep religion out of the mix too. That kind of stuff would just discredit my already questionable ethics, integrity, and character.

So once again, life's handbook, (the Bible), teaches us how to expose false prophets. Well that and the good Lord has a funny way of discrediting them on his own. It's a good thing for them God doesn't seek vengeance with the vigor he used to in Jeremiah's day!

God Bless!
Capt. Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment