Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How The West Was Won!

The older I get, the more I learn. It's been a habit of mine to be the defender of those who are critical toward what I believe strongly in, especially if that pops up in an Internet search. You see, the Internet is full of information, some accurate, but most not so much. It's a great place for anonymous individuals to fulfill their agenda, and take pot shots at the undeserving, most of the time leaving them defenseless as they are unaware of the misinformation. For example, you'd think an Google search of something as wonderful as Jesus would be a safe area, nope! Exactly three web sites down is something derogatory. My first urge is to click on it and read what this heretic has to say, but that just empowers his nonsense. The more traffic his site receives, and the more links associated to it, the higher is aspires in the list, giving it more credibility in the web surfer's eye. Being higher on the list deceives the searcher of information into believing it holds some truth or validity. So by me visiting these deceptions of truth, I was in fact, promoting more of the same. Especially those who allow comments, the bigger the argument they can cause, the more traffic frequents the site, driving it further up the list on Google.

So I now turn to the wisdom of the great Mark Twain. "Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that." I can tell you that's going to be a challenge for me, because I've always felt, what you tolerate, you promote: but under the rules of Google, what you argue with, you promote. It's a bit of a catch 22, especially if you have a tinge of choleric, (plenty of opinions, very little filter). I'll do better to promote my message, in my own venue, and if other's find agreement in what I pass on, the web sites that don't deserve our visit will sink back into the mire of insignificance, weighed down by their own discredit.

I hope this little tidbit of information has served to enlighten others who share my passion to disagree with injustice. Here I thought I was serving humanity by blowing holes in the absurdity of the self serving Internet pundits, yet I was actually promoting what I despise. Lesson learned!

God Bless!
Capt. Bill

Mentoring
Scams
Leadership

No comments:

Post a Comment