Monday, January 18, 2010

I Also "Have a Dream!"

Today is the day we set aside in remembrance of Dr. Martin Luther King. Dr. King's contribution to our nation is one of activism, doing something about a cause. It's one thing to recognize injustice but quite yet another to actually do something about it. Dr. King is best know for his; "I have a dream," speech. Today I'd like to amend that speech, I'm sure Dr. King would approve.....

I have a dream that all citizens of The United States of America will someday realize that while all men are created equal, not all men take equal advantage of opportunity afforded us by living in the greatest nation on earth. All men are given the same opportunity of a free and equal education, some will take advantage of it, others will not. Equal opportunity does not mean equal results.

I have a dream that the citizens of this country will realize rights are only granted to us by our creator as defined by our founding fathers. Rights given to us by men, or legislation can also be denied by men or legislation. Irrevocable rights are only bequeathed us by our creator. Man cannot grant rights!

I have a dream that being liberal will only involve applying thought, "liberally." Being of a liberal mind does not include being liberal with morals or principles.

I have a dream that our country will find it's way back to the principles it was founded upon. Starting with a balanced budget and ending with the ousting of special interests running our nation.

I have a dream that all men are taxed equally. That this nation be free of "special deals." Isn't it a direct violation of "free and equal under the law", if one economic or labor group is granted special taxation clauses not afforded the rest of the population?

I have a dream that leadership and integrity return to Washington. That the men and women who legislate our nation be suitable role models for our citizens.

And finally I have a dream for each and everyone of you. That you grow and prosper in God's eyes. That you stand for that which is right, and never bend in the face of adversity. That my friends is the mantra of this great nation. It's how we became the freest and the most powerful nation on earth. Don't let indifference allow that to slip away. To maintain our freedom we have to stand for freedom, even when it's inconvenient.

God Bless
Capt. Bill

1 comment:

  1. I also have a dream.

    I have a dream of the future AMERICA.
    I have a dream that all AMERICANS will wake up in 2010 and 2012.
    I have a dream of someone accepting responsibility.
    I have a dream of our founding Fathers AMERICA!

    Thank you for your time.
    ..............................I MAN

    ReplyDelete