Monday, September 28, 2009

True Love!

I'm not sure if anyone noticed but I've included links off to the right of this page to best selling authors Chris Brady and Orrin Woodward's blogs. Please take the time to visit them! You'll find them chock full of inspiration, economic, leadership, and political tidbits worth sharing. These are two very wise, and wealthy men who aren't afraid to share success secrets with others. I'd like to personally thank them both for inspiring me to read and to ask questions. There is so much knowledge out there in books, and knowledge applied is power! Imagine how powerful America would be if we all read and stayed informed? I'm preaching to the choir here, just the fact you visit this blog tells the world your hungry for more information.

I have to share a funny story. I've had the occasion to travel every weekend of late, so I've spent a lot of time on airplanes. My route returns to Orlando, the happiest place in the world, and is usually packed full of families on their way to visit Mickey and company. Before boarding late Saturday evening, I noticed this typical family, Mom, dad, son, and baby sister, all excited and ready to visit Mickey. As you can imagine mom was a little harried keeping her flock together and focused. It probably didn't help that she was incredibly overbearing. Her husband Saul was constantly directed to achieve her agenda, as was son Joshua. I remember their names because in the course of the three hours we were in each other's company I heard them at least a million times. The funny part is, I never heard her name!

Well poor Saul was directed constantly and usually to direct Joshua. Saul do this...Saul tell Joshua to do that...This poor woman is destine to have a stroke. Joshua needed a lot of tending to, I'm guessing he was about 8 or 9. Saul tell Joshua to wipe his nose...Saul tell Joshua to tie his shoe... I hope your getting the picture! They had a discussion about taking Dramamine for airsickness as she passed on her phobia to her family that they were all going to get motion sickness. Saul, as expected, lost his bid to avoid medicating the family.

They boarded the plane with much to do. Momma hovered over all as she directed Saul to secured the seat belts and position each child by a window for a view. Saul thought he got a reprieve as he and Joshua sat across the isle from ole what's-her-name, not so. Everyone on the plane was familiar with Saul and Joshua prior to take off, mom saw to that! Momma handed Saul an I-pod for Joshua instructing Saul to instruct Joshua," Not to turn it on, until mommy says so." Apparently Saul isn't to be trusted with on and off switches. The final kicker came just prior to take off, mother hen told Saul to tell Joshua to," Chew his gum." Now I know why they explain how to buckle and unbuckle seat belts! Here's the part that amused me, Joshua had swallowed his gum. Pictures of cod liver oil and enimas in Joshua's future danced in my head.

We all survived the flight. Saul Joshua, mom and little sis, are right now visiting some tourist attraction in Florida, and I have a story. Hats off to Saul for his patience and fortitude, he actually lovingly hugged and kissed his wife without being directed to as we left the plane! I hope mom survives the vacation without a stroke, and I'm thinking Joshua will never chew let alone swallow gum again. The cure will teach him that!

Hope this made Monday a little more bearable! You could be Saul yanno!

God Bless
Capt. Bill

1 comment:

  1. I think her name was Mussolini.

    Thank you for your time.
    ............................I MAN

    ReplyDelete