Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I Want to Know Why!

Recently I've seen several democratic legislators trying to defend their inability to read the bills presented to them for passage. Does anyone else find this absurd? How can you stand in front of the country and ask for sympathy for a situation you create? Man, talk about a lack of accountability! This whole scenario brings to mind some troubling questions......

First, who's authoring these bills? Shouldn't the representatives sponsoring this legislation have a clue as to what's in it? I suspect these 1000 page behemoths are written for them by special interest groups. One former lawyer turned elected official said it would take days and a lawyer to understand the jargon. If your last calling was the legal field and you don't comprehend the wording doesn't this send up a red flag?

Second, the voting timetable is yours to set. If a bill hasn't been properly debated and understood don't call for a vote. They aren't acts of war! These edicts affect people's lives. This just reeks with irresponsibility! We
the People, ( I got that from the Constitution), pay you a six figure salary and give you benefits for life. Would it be too troublesome to be responsible enough to actually do your job and understand the consequences of the paperwork your producing? I'm thinking if it is, then it's really time for change! The idea of term limits keeps becoming more and more attractive!

Last, keep up the heat people! If we keep publicly embarrassing these politicians in town halls maybe they'll get the message. They are here to serve and answer to us! Let's hold them accountable. Write, call or show up to one of these forums. Ask them the questions above and all the ones that are bothering you. Demand answers, they work for us. The inept arrogance of these employees needs to be nipped in the bud. In all of my years I've not seen an angrier nation. Even the Vietnam war didn't stir this type of passion and disdain for our public servants. It's having a snowball effect and the momentum is impressive!

God Bless
Capt. Bill

1 comment:

  1. I have to say this is a great idea if you know of someone or some groups that is lying and the health plan should be reported to the white house.
    I also think that it's not ratting our anyone but doing a service for AMERICA.
    But I can understand if you feel your being a rat not to tell the white house.
    Now I don't feel I'm ratting out anyone it's my patriotic duty to inform the white house so the can set the record straight with these lies about this great health plan.
    Send an email to flag@whitehouse.gov and let the White House know you've seen something "fishy" about health care reform.
    I have a few people I know that are out right distorting, misleading, deception, lying, about this health plan.
    I'm going to get them my birth name real address because I want to get the credit for being these lyers to light.
    I have a list of about 3-400 people I think the white house should investigate.
    Again I'm don't think I'm a rat but a Patriot.
    I hope you come around and see that this is patriotic.
    AMERICA need to get the health plan right so lets help then if we can.
    Here are some of the people on my list of lyers maybe you know some of these people.
    First and the Biggest lyer.
    1) barack obama,
    2) nancy polosi.
    3) joe biden,
    4) chuck shcumers,
    5) barnie franks,
    6) chris dodd,
    7) harry reed,
    8) barbra boxer,
    9) henry waxman
    10) Linda Douglass,
    11)David Axelrod
    12)Robert Gibbs
    I can't write them all here but I'm going to list all of there names and sending it to flag@whitehouse.gov.
    I hope you can see this as not being a rat but being patriotic.
    You can use this list to let the white house know about these liers.
    Maybe if we e-mail with these name and tell them what a great idea this is we can get the credit for bring them to light.
    Thank you for you time.
    ....................................I MAN

    ReplyDelete