Sunday, September 16, 2012

"Offer It Up!"

Holy cow, there is so much I have on my mind today, it's going to be difficult to keep this post on track! The world is in unrest, our government is assigning blame for attacks on freedom of speech rather than accepting responsibility for not being prepared for an anniversary attack on 9/11. Our debt has reached a new unconscionable plateau as our nation's poor has risen to a level of prosperity that exceeds 85% of every other worldwide citizen, and we borrowed the money to achieve that. This is just an iota of the turmoil that faces us daily. Which brings me to my point!


As I sat in church today I was reminded of a lesson that the good Sister's of Saint Patrick's Catholic School imbedded in my sub-conscience. Every time there was any hint of discomfort in my life, this mantra was aimed at my complaints. It's a universal cure-all that no one in their right mind would attempt to argue with, so my response when it was applied was a humble, "Yes Sister!" You see these words of wisdom demand you accept responsibility without complaint for whatever situation God has placed in your life. If it was too hot, or it was too cold, if rain fell on my parade, or I was buried with homework that evening; the answer was the same.

"Offer it up!"

It's really hard to complain about whatever is inconveniencing you at that space in time, when you compare it to the sacrifice Jesus made for us. Those little sacrifices pale in comparison and put my whining immediately into perspective. So in the words of every Nun who has empowered me with this wisdom, when your challenges seem to be overwhelming....

"Offer it up!"

God Bless!
Capt. Bill

PS... Thank you Sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment