The Eight Principles of True Friendship
From the book Resolved-Orrin Woodward
!) True friends form around a shared insight, interest, or taste, enjoying the common bond uniting them.
2) True friends accept one another, loving each other despite our human imperfections.
3) True friends approve of one another, protecting each others' weaknesses, while enhancing each others' strengths.
4) True friends listen with empathy, learning the hopes, dreams, fears, and struggles for each other.
5) True friends appreciate one another, encouraging serving, and believing in one another's gifts and talents.
6) True friends celebrate one another's success, being proud of each other's accomplishments without a hint of envy.
7) True friends are trustworthy, maintaining all confidences shared with unimpeachable honor and self respect, knowing that gossip separates the best of friends.
8) True friends are loyal, respecting and defending one another's character, reputation, and motives, as far as truth allows, while addressing any issues or concerns between them promptly and privately, ensuring misunderstandings never fester.
I cannot add a word to that! Enjoy!