Monday, June 28, 2010

Van Buren's Revenge

In the 1820's, as a result of the Missouri Compromise, Martin Van Buren founded a political party. The sole goal of this political party was to gain and hold power. It wasn't interested in any principles.

Van Buren's focus for this political party was to avert a civil war, an altruistic motive. Get this, the party's purpose was to not talk about slavery, so we wouldn't have a war. In essence if we ignored the problem it would go away. That party was going to reward candidates who would run for office, secure that office, and not make slavery a talking point. Basically ideas don't count, slavery didn't matter, ideology had no place in their politics, only money was the driving factor.

Guess what narrow minded, racist, money focused party this was.......

Wait for it.....

The democrat party!

They went on to found dozens and dozens of newspapers for the specific purpose of getting it's candidates elected. This might be the only time the were honest, they named those papers title's like, The Arkansas Democrat, or The Richmond Whig. Those papers only carried news about their own candidates and weren't interested at all in objective news. Their purpose was to strictly advance the parties propaganda. Stop me if any of this is sounding familiar in the modern day scenario.

So I'm curious, by a show of hands, how many of you were taught about this in your school's history class? Grade school, high school, college, advanced degree studies? I didn't think so. How many minorities would change their party position if they understood what the democrat party stood for and it's position on slavery? How many working class Americans would reconsider their affiliation with a party who's beginnings were not rooted in the middle class working man as propagandized, but in fact was founded by money and power hungry politicians? Is it any wonder why this little ditty of history has been recycled?

I don't know about you but I found myself angry my heritage has been rewritten to make it more palatable. Tomorrow I'll begin the process of exposing how and when this process began. We've been indoctrinated by people with an agenda since youth, not unlike the process Hitler or other dictators used to control their domain.

God Bless!
Capt. Bill

1 comment:

  1. All my life for 50 plus years I've heard what you don't know won't hurt you.
    Now in 2010 today's world what you don't know will hurt you, it may just cost you your freedom.
    Thanks CAPTAIN for the info some of us do know but keep it to our selves because we think it's unimportant until some one like you points it out.
    Now I'll have to rethink what I know.
    WAIT!!
    Why where we not taught The CONTSITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES in school?? humm!!
    Now I know why I was a D student in school because they where teaching me meaningless crap in school.

    Thank you for your time.
    .........................I MAN

    ReplyDelete