Wednesday, April 7, 2010

To Be, Or Not To Be?

To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of ignorance. ~A. Bronson Alcott

Or as Chris Brady is fond of saying, in a kinder gentler way.....

You don't know, what you don't know, you know?

And the answer to this malady is? Information and experience! I was just contemplating the other day, the person I've become is due basically to the information I've sought and the things I've experienced. Charlie "Tremendous" Jones says it this way...

You'll be the same person in five years you are today, except for the books that you read, and the people you meet.

Every person you meet, every experience you have, be it good or bad, is a learning opportunity. Do you treat it as such? Be it conscience or not, life's daily grind molds our being. We are a product of our environment! So what petri dish is your habitat? What influences do you allow in your life? Come to think of it, I'll bet you that's where the saying, Guilty by association, was born.

In conjunction, your media input also sets the tone for your thoughts and actions. With that in mind I recently came to a revelation. Why not start the day with a few words of wisdom from the one who created and gave it to us? You know I seen a massive improvement since I've started my days with a Bible passage. Coincidence? I think not!

So where does your input come from? How about the ones you love, are they spoon few information from the boob tube? What have you read lately that has expanded your mind, or broadened your horizons? These are all great questions to reflect upon.

The best question one can ask of themselves is...Are the associations I have and the media I'm inputting taking me in the direction I want to be?

God Bless!
Capt. Bill

1 comment:

  1. First thing last thing.
    Give thank for waking up give thank for laying down.

    Thank you for you time.
    ..........................I MAN

    ReplyDelete