Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

You can just feel it's going to be a great day when you start it off with a couple of the things that matter most. I cracked the Bible first thing for my morning inspiration, walked the dog, the flew the flag in honor of all our great servicemen past and present. As Ole Glory ascended the flag pole I couldn't help but reflect where that particular flag came from. I had a tough decision as I have a few flags that mean so much to me, but I chose the one handed down to me by the VFW as a tribute when I buried my Grandfather. He served in WW2 seeing a lot of Europe and India during his campaigns. My other favorite flag was also a gift from my Son, he brought it back from the modern day war place, where it flew over forward operating base Fenty in Afghanistan, that one will fly on the Fourth of July.

We are blessed to live in a land of freedom. The price for that freedom is paid by the heroes who fight to maintain it, and those who died to achieve it. Today we honor our servicemen, past and present, with thoughts of gratitude and prayers of protection. Their sacrifice for our freedom is the most unselfish act of anyone's lifetime. You might remember these words....
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
John 5:13

Never ask where all the heroes have gone, they proudly wear the uniform of service that protects our country. Every branch a tribute to the principles our forefathers founded this nation upon. May God bless you all, and keep you safe while you are our watchdogs of freedom!

God Bless!
Capt. Bill

1 comment:

  1. Memorial Day:
    God Bless the United States Military.

    To whom ever bad mouths the United States Military next time you use your CONSTITUTIONAL rights to carry out your agenda stop and think how you got that CONSTITUTIONAL right??
    I give you a little hint someone gave there life for you to have that right.

    Thank you for your time.
    ..........................I MAN

    ReplyDelete