Thursday, November 25, 2010

An Attitude of Gratitude!

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."-Colossians 3:17

Today is the day we do what we do least. We give thanks. Instead of looking for all the negative that surrounds our daily lives, today we dwell on the positive, one day a year. Isn't that the way it should be everyday?

"I used to complain that I had no shoes , till I met a man who had no feet."

An attitude of gratitude, that's what today is all about. The expression of happiness for all that is good in your life. The people who fulfill you, the roof over your head, and the food on your table.

Here's how I celebrate every year. I review my priorities. I list things by the level of importance they hold, so I can prioritize my life. When you understand what holds the most value in your life, then it's easy to put it in order. Does quality family time hold precedent over recreation? It does in my life! Is having a conversation with a loved one more important than a TV show? You betcha! Once you understand what you value in your life, you can see the blessings to be thankful for.

Let's take time from that beautiful feast and those tempting desserts to praise Him who has passed those blessings on to us.

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."- Colossians 3:15-17

God Bless!
Capt. Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment