Thursday, November 19, 2009

Start Your List Early!

As this week begins to expire, and we venture towards the week of Thanksgiving, it might be a good time to begin to count our blessings. After all we don't want to be rushed on Thursday! I think now is a good time to examine your priorities, so you know what to give thanks for. Mine run like this...

God
Family
Friends
Work
etc..........

I know I'm thankful to have God in my life, and in the founding principles of this great nation! I still get chills down my spine when I recite the Pledge of Allegiance and come to the "under God" part. My prayer for America is we don't abandon the higher power that gave us the foundation to build this great country. I'm also thankful to all who currently and in the past have fought to protect those freedoms. I'm thankful for the leadership that realizes these Judeo principles and pray the others see the light.

I'm a blessed man when it comes to family. My sons have far exceeded any expectation of this proud father. I pray God continues them down this path and His will is to keep Jeremy safe while fighting for freedom. My sisters and their spouses provide me a great support system and plenty of nieces and nephews that generate awesome family stories! I can't overlook my step brother and his lovely wife who inspired this blog's publication.

My friends are many and they each add value to my life! It's great to know that the relationships I've formed reflect a vast diversity of cultures and opinions. You all keep me grounded and my eyes wide open. A man couldn't be blessed with a better network of com padres.

Work is yet another blessing. I have the honor to work side by side with two of the greatest mentors a man could ask for. They are the top in community building and character. They have also become dear and valued friends. Words can't fill in the blanks here and relay how grateful I am to both of you. You've made life's path clear!

Now to the Etc; You know who you are! The stories and experiences you provide! Etc.fuels this blog many times when I'm at a loss. Thanks for the humor and the lessons you teach....and please, don't stop!!!!!

God Bless
Capt, Bill

1 comment:

  1. Im Thankful with the blessing of Family and Friends.
    Family My brother in the Dominican Republic I love you and thanks for your support.
    To my other brother in Detroit Michigan I love you and I miss you very much.
    The my sister in Texas I love you and miss you very much.
    To my sister in Florida who is my connection with GOD, your beyond a blessing in my life I love you is not enough.
    Friend
    Now here is where I truly been bless with one friend they say blessing are unseen not with this friend that is a guardian angel everyday in my life again thank you is not enough.
    I am thankful for all the love in my life by Family and Friend that do when Family can't.

    Thank you for your time.
    .....................Thankful I MAN

    ReplyDelete