Tuesday, November 17, 2009

And Justice for All?

I have to weigh in on the controversy surrounding moving the trials of the 9/11 terrorist suspects to New York City by Attorney General Eric Holder. Now first off I'm no legal expert but I have heard that all defendant's are granted the right of a fair trial by an impartial judge and an jury of their peers. So that begs the question....
Is it possible to find an impartial judge and jury in the shadow of the 9/11 terrorist attack? I am thinking that should have been Mr. Holders first concern. He stated openly that as a former prosecuting attorney he's reviewed all the facts and believes we can administer justice. So what jury and judge is he planning to seat that has not been influenced by the 9/11 attacks? Especially right where the worst of them happened! Any defense attorney worth his salt would make his first motion one to dismiss as there isn't a venue in the United States that can offer these men a fair unbiased trial, unaffected by the media. You have to think that denying that motion would open up an opportunity to appeal.

Now there are a myriad of other issues that surround the absurdity of this whole idea, and I'm sure someone will write a book about them. Like I stated, I'm no legal expert, but I like to think I'm a clear thinking individual. As such, this first obstacle seems insurmountable under the laws governing our justice system. This administration is fond of touting to the world how our legal system will shine for all to see. Perhaps they overlooked the obvious? Well with that said, I hope they are walking into this with eyes wide open!

God Bless
Capt. Bill

1 comment:

  1. This is more then the (eye) can see it's a back door to putting the BUSH administration on trial and Im not being fooled by fools.
    Today eric holder was before the Senate check out the youtube clip and see what an idiot this man is and doesn't have a clue of what he is doing to me and my AMERICA.

    Now I was on the roof of my building on the lower east side less then 2 miles away on 9/11 watching what was going on and seeing it could not believe this was happening.

    (I! WILL! NERVER! FOREGET! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!)

    Thank you for your time.
    ............................I MAN

    ReplyDelete