Friday, August 19, 2011

Where Is The Courage?


Okay, this one just bugs me. Rick Perry was out on the stump in New Hampshire, when a mother placed an elementary school child in front of him and used the child as a puppet in front of the camera. The mother fed the child her talking points, trying to call into question Mr. Perry's faith.

The first one was, " how old is the earth?" She didn't have to feed him that one he had it memorized, but when Mr. Perry told the child he didn't know, she fired questions through the child fast and furious. Her main issue was repeated over and over, "why don't you believe in science?"

First thing that bothers me is a parent using a child to parrot their opinions. Why not just ask the politician yourself, instead of putting an innocent child between you and the conflict your trying to create?

The second thing is Mr. Perry lack of courage. He answered the question like a politician, not a man of faith. It's important that we know what we believe and why we believe it. If you truly don't believe in evolution, say so. Personally I'd have told the young man that the Bible tells us the earth is about 6000 years old. Then I'd have informed his mother, that I certainly do believe in science, especially gravity because that can be proven, it's not a theory. Science didn't create the universe, so I choose to believe in my creator first. The wonderful thing about this country and what I am most thankful for is you can choose to believe in anything you like, and I am free to do so as well. If I liked your OPINION, I'd adapt it as my own, but for now it's safely yours.

Now exactly what point was that woman trying to make? Does she believe someone of faith isn't qualified to run this country? Isn't it a wonderful idea that one who believes in the Ten Commandments and the morality they insist upon, be one of the choices we have in the voting booth? They have a written mission statement, others...not so much.

The whole situation was flat out ugly. The mother didn't have the courage to ask her own questions and hid behind a child, and the politician didn't have the spine to state what he believes in.

God Bless!
Capt. Bill

Mentoring
Community
Leadership

No comments:

Post a Comment