Friday, June 26, 2009

Time to take charge!

I thought we'd lighten up a little on a Friday morning. Seems people are having trouble in these times keeping a positive light on life. I've been asked lately. Why do I always seem to be in such a good mood? Well, the simple answer is, I choose to.

I've found the tone of my day starts at the onset. The moment my feet hit the floor in the morning, everything goes into keeping a positive attitude. "What a beautiful day." Is an incredible start. I don't "have to" brush my teeth and shower, I "get to" live under a roof with these conveniences. It's been my experience the more you focus on the upside the easier it becomes.

Every time life tosses me a challenge I face it with the attitude that it was there for a reason. That traffic jam wasn't meant to impede my progress, it was perhaps to save me from being involved in an accident. There is a divine plan, and I have a purpose. My favorite here in Florida is; That guy didn't just cut me off, my driving skills were being tested! So I save the salute, thank him for keeping me on my toes, and smile knowing I'm now a better more alert driver. It's an incredible stress relief.

My friends who knew me prior to this metamorphosis wonder. How did I lose my scowl and just why am I always smiling? I'm sure they think I'm up to something, and I am. I'm taking charge of my attitude. Events no longer control my life, I've taken the wheel, and it's a great feeling to be in charge.

So I'm challenging everyone to give this a shot. Start your day with a smile and throw a positive spin on daily events. I've found it gets easier as the day progresses. It then becomes a habit and suddenly people are asking you. Why are you always so happy? You can chuckle to yourself because you made a decision to control your situation, not allow the situation to control you. After all, the choice is yours!

God Bless
Capt. Bill

PS... Great reading-The Difference Maker~John C. Maxwell

3 comments:

  1. A-Men Capt. It is not only good for your day but your health as well. Great post!

    Me'chele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got this e-mail gang along with many others. I thought I'd share! Thanks again for all of your humbling comments!

    Bill,

    I know you listen to a mentor, but your reading has to be prolific tocover the variety and subject matter. Last 2 blew me away with you insite and depth in the varied topics. You can post this if you want, I just haven't masterd all the tricks on my Crac..Blackberry yet.

    mgg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attitude isn't everything, It's the difference maker
    ..................John Maxwell........ from...... The Difference Maker

    There is a choice you have to make in everything you do. So keep in mind that in the end, the choice you make, makes you"

    A change in habit leads to change results.
    In essence, to change your results in life (output), you need to change your thinking (input).
    Thank you for your time.
    ..........................I MAN

    ReplyDelete