Saturday, June 27, 2009

Feed your strength!

Sticking with the theme of personal improvement, I ran across this in an old e-mail and I love it! The American Indian culture teaches through parables or legends. Elders of the tribe are respected for their wisdom and experience. It's the old wise ones who take on the responsibility of mentoring the next generation and passing down the history of the tribe. It's also a responsibility they don't take lightly. They have always been a proud people, culture based, and fighting to survive daily. Here's my food for thought for today!


TWO WOLVES

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.

"One is Evil - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

"The other is Good - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

I hope you find this powerful message to be a benefit, I did!

God Bless
Capt. Bill

1 comment:

  1. I feed the wolf- Character, Credibility, Honor, Self Respect, Integrity, Values, etc.
    What do you feed yours? What will you feed the wolf?
    Thank you for your time.
    ..........................I MAN

    ReplyDelete